Saturday, September 21, 2013

Yikes!

You're still here and I haven't forgotten - I promise! I've just been a tiny bit busy.

So, to re-cap funny/interesting things that have happened in the past few days while I was a way ...

  • I introduced my kids to New Kids on the Block. Yes, I averted a minor pop culture travesty. 
  • I got some new followers on twitter - strangers are following me now! And golfers! And journalists! I feel special. And even better? I'm getting favorited and re-tweeted ... Exciting stuff, y'all. Come follow me @BrookeJM79
  • I have subbed now 4 days with another day on the books for later this week. I have now concluded that I prefer high school students on their worst day(s) to any other grades. But I especially dislike the "middle grades" - what horrible, horrible years. 
  • My Boy told me: 
"Mama, I know how the platypus came to be! Someone breeded (yes, that's the word he used!!) a duck and a beaver!"

Never have I been happier to say, "um, no. God made a platypus. The end."

Too much Turtle Man? Me thinks yes."
Additionally ...
  • We've had company this week (Hi, Lindsay!)
  • I got to go to the beach twice this week (once for an hour or so with Heather & once again with the kids and Lindsay)
  • We ate a lot guacamole this week. I mean, A LOT. Like 8 avacdaoes worth.
  • Craft night got postponed (Again. We are officially the worst crafters. Ever. )
  • The New Girl and The Mindy Project premiered this week ... Now I'm just waiting on Grey's Anatomy, The Parenthood, The Walking Dead ...
  • And now it's Saturday night and I'm gearing up to watch Bridesmaids so I can laugh til I cry. 

Oh ... And I'm subbing Every. Single. Day. Next. Week ... So if you don't hear from me, that might be why. And my friend, Tarah, and her family are popping in for the weekend. Maybe something funny, touching or entertaining will happen and here in this forum I will have a chance to share it with you ... Fingers crossed!




No comments:

Post a Comment